At the Houston Area Women’s Center, helping individuals affected by domestic and sexual violence is our mission. We live out that mission through efforts that range from advocacy, counseling and hotline services to shelter, education and training and community outreach programs. Make a personal connection with a unique and highly inspiring mission - be a part of it as a member of our team.
View current job openings here.
In addition to fulfilling and rewarding work, we offer our employees:
- Leadership development opportunities
- Diversity – the ability to interact with all types of people from every background
- Staff training – ongoing continuing development training for all staff
- Peer resources
- Community involvement opportunities
- Workplace giving opportunities
We also offer a competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Generous paid time off
- Healthcare options
- 401(K) benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To apply for a position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
- by email: email@example.com
- by fax: (713) 526-7863
- by mail: Houston Area Women's Center, Attn: Human Resources, 1010 Waugh Drive, Houston TX 77019
- No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We offer several challenging, unpaid, for-credit-only internships throughout the academic year. Our interns learn valuable skills from some of the best counselors and social workers in the field of domestic and sexual violence. Our internships have been designed to provide selected individuals with hands-on experience to help them prepare to launch a career in social service. For more information, please contact our Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org